Edisto Island & Edisto Beach Neighborhoods
Putting down roots
Can’t decide where you want to put down roots on Edisto? With the very diverse locations and neighborhoods available you probably haven’t seen all of Edisto yet. There is much to choose from!
Edisto Beach offers more than just the beachfront, second row, and beach walk homes. There is also a small selection of condos and cottages for those not looking for a whole house to maintain, or the expense.
- Wyndham- offers many different styles of condos and duplexes from large four bedroom units to small efficiency cottages on the golf course. Wyndham is by far one of the most cost-effective way to own on Edisto.
- Bay Creek Villas- located at the Edisto Beach Marina, these condos offer amazing views, and great amenities such as the pool—overlooking Big Bay Creek, and a workout facility, as well as elevator access.
- The Retreat- is located on Jungle Road and is the newest condo development on Edisto Beach. Large units offer ocean glimpses and beautifully upgraded interiors. There is an easement to the beach and a private pool for owners and guests.
Living on the Island of Edisto is just as rewarding as the beach. The various neighborhoods and residential areas vary in seclusion from a typical subdivision with neighbors, to gated private islands, and hundred acre tracts with no one around. The variety allows you to select the perfect location to put your roots down on Edisto. Below is a list of just a few of the named locations and subdivisions on the island to choose from. The options are endless when looking for property on Edisto so make sure to ask your Atwood Agent about their favorite places on the island.
- Bailey Island- Located in the ACE Basin off the coast of Edisto, South Carolina, Bailey Island lies in the heart of one of the most pristine natural settings in America. Concerns over the island’s development led to a partnership between private developers and The Nature Conservancy. The Island now centers around the Bailey Island Preserve. The 403-acre Preserve is owned by The Nature Conservancy and comprises almost 60% of the 695-acre island. This ensures that the island will stay exactly as you see it today—beautiful and natural.
- Beckett Plantation- Estate size lots averaging about 3 acres and still very close to the beach. Neighborhood dock and boat lift. Horses are allowed here, but there are HOA and building size restrictions.
- Blue House Plantation- Blue House is one of a kind, drive through a working plantation to get to the small development of Blue House Plantation Subdivision.
- Cow Pens- Cowpens sits at the gate of Jeremy Cay—from where owners have access to the beach. Homes in Cowpens have the luxury of sweeping creek and marsh views off the rear and ocean views off the front, without the luxury price tag.
- Crawford Place- A great neighborhood for folks just starting out or downsizing. Also a great neighborhood for young families and permanent residents a like.
- Edingsville Beach Road- Edingsville Beach Rd is a nonrestricted community down sweeping oak alleys. Many lots are waterfront with homes varying in size and construction. Peace and beauty rein here and the creeks and ocean are easily accessible for those with docks.
- Edisto Oaks- Edisto oaks is a new planned community with brand new single-family homes. The beach is just a short drive away and the lots are decently sized.
- Fishing Creek Resort- One of the closest neighborhoods to the Town of Edisto Beach. Good selection of tidal creek and interior properties. HOA and architecture restrictions.
- Jenkins Point- This was the last subdivision to be approved by Charleston County before the Land Use Plan took effect. Nestled between 2 of the most historical and protected plantations on Edisto. You will find Tidal Creek and Marsh Front lots are very affordable.
- Jeremy Cay– Jeremy Cay is one of the most exclusive neighborhoods on the island. With its own private beach, deep water and lagoon lots, stunning custom homes and a gated entrance, Jeremy Cay is a sought after private paradise.
- Marsh Aire- Nestled between 3 Plantations, Marsh Aire has much to offer. Very private location with Tidal Creek, Marsh Front, and multi-acre lots available. The neighborhood is quiet and picturesque with an array of cottages and larger family homes.
- Middleton Plantation- Middleton offers Deep Water, Tidal Creek, Marsh Front, small lots, and multi-acre lots up to 10 acres. It is located in the middle of the island so it is only about 35 minutes to Charleston and less than 10 minutes from the beach. This makes it suitable for families who work in Charleston.
- The Neck- Edisto Island’s first planned neighborhood. Deep Water, Tidal Creek, Marsh Front, and Interior lots available. Homes and vacant land are frequently available. A lovely casual community with a wonderful mix of island cottages to stately deep water mansions and everything in between. The Neck has long been one of the most sought-after locations for is beauty, quiet charm and location to the boat landing and beach.
- The Hammocks- Jeremy Cay’s sister development. Creek Front Living with ocean views. Lots of huge oak trees and palmettos and very pristine. Over a mile long private gated road is the only access. Close to Town Limits but very private.